Wednesday, March 04, 2009

Lily I love you!

I love Lily Allen. Seriously... i think i'm in love with her. Well... with her lyrics anyway. So much of the contents of her songs really seem to resonate with me and reverberate within me. The funny thing is, that in trying to think of some specific lines to relate to you, I can't think of any. I know almost all of the words to almost all of her songs, but I think it's the real effect culminates with the lyrics and the music of the whole album together.

She's a genius! On top of her music, I really admire someone in the public eye who has the guts to speak their mind and tell it like it is. It seems sometimes that the world is just full of fluff, so it's refreshing to hear someone who's happy to cut right through it.

I think i'd like to be that gutsy. And that clever!

And i'm very upset i missed out on tickets to both her Melbourne concerts in June and I am loathe to have to pay twice the price for them on Ebay... but it is something I might just resort to.

No comments: