Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Disappearing

Blogland is like a massive block of apartments. When you've lived there for a while you get to know your neighbours. If you don't see them for a while, you miss them. After a while longer though, you get used to it and then one day you find yourself wondering whether they still live in your block of apartments at all. But you can't find out, because you don't remember their names.

So you trawl back to the blogs you vaguely remember the names of, looking for links that sounds familiar only to find that the same thing happened to those people as happened to you - life got in the way. They haven't moved out of their apartment, they just haven't painted the walls in a while and there are cobwebs all over the place. Some people gave notice they were giving up and getting out. For others, I suspect that a day turned into a week which turned into a month which all of a sudden became a year. Kinda just like what happened to me.

All of these people inspired me in various creative ways... I felt like I had a good long glimpse into the inner workings of their souls. Reading someone's writing can have that effect sometimes. I am sad that they are gone now. I can only hope that one day, as I have, they feel the urge return, and that they let me know when they do.

No comments: