Thursday, September 15, 2011

Looking forward

I am officially on holidays. Yippee I say. Yippee should say you. So I thought I would do a list of all the things I'm looking forward to in the next 2 1/2 weeks.
1. A very important 3rd birthday fairy party. My niece has been excited about it for so long that she has had to be banned from waking up and asking if it's her birthday until after Aunty Tam arrives. Her parents are very cunning. Nearly-3 year old has outsmarted the, and is now asking each morning upon waking up, "is Aunty tam here?"
2. Seeing my 8 month old nephew. He will have grown up so much in the 3 months since I last saw him... He's shuffling himself around the floor and generally being cute.
3. Being woken up at 630am every morning with a cuddle from a newly 3 year old. I'm hoping that at least occasionally I'll be able to go back to sleep while she plays quietly. Smehow I'm not told incident is will be possible.
4. Visiting a new country. I'm going to Bali, Indonesia. Definitely not somewhere I would ever have chosen to go, but now that we are going, I'm looking forward to it.
5. My little twin brother's wedding. All my family will be staying in a beautiful villa for 3 days together to help celebrate.
6. Lying by a gorgeous pool, swimming, reading books and generally relaxing for a week after the wedding.
7. NOT thinking about work for 2 weeks. Heh. Heh. Who am I kidding? That's not going to happen, but I'm going to make a concerted effort not to think about it too much.

I'm going to enjoy this holiday to the absolute depths of fun and relaxation, because it's likely to be the last one for a while.

Don't miss me too much!

No comments: