Monday, July 10, 2006

I.Am.Not.Stupid.

There is an irritating little man who is acting as a sales consultant at my work at the moment. He is probably a nice guy, he just has a terrible affliction: he talks down to everyone. He doesn't just talk down to me, he talks down to everybody here. We are paying a fortune for the privilege of being spoken to like we're morons. I'm not happy about it.

Never mind that the guy ABSOLUTELY does not understand my role here, and seems to think I have countless hours spare to do his whim.
Never mind that I can't do most of the things he asks me to do because i just dont' have the technical knowledge (hey, I wasn't hired for my engineering know-how).
Never mind that he charges us for every minute he spends on the phone to us and talking to us.
Never mind that he is prone just to show up, or call and want to while away the hours on the phone (I'm sure he's just getting his months billable hours up).
When it comes down to it, i don't really care about all of that. I care that he treats me like I'm stupid because i'm young, and i'm a woman. I want to thump him and his bushy eyebrows into the ground and THEN ask him how he likes his coffee.

No comments: