Monday, January 08, 2007

2007 is a New Year

Well dear friends. It really has been QUITE some time, hasn't it? A very busy, fun-filled and EVENTFUL time, but a long time nonetheless.

First of all, Happy New Year everybody!
Anyway, without further ado, I guess I had better start from the beginning.

In the beginning there was god... oh wait. not that beginning.

As I look back... my last post was November 22nd. This date isn't particularly significant, other than that you may have guessed by reading it, I was in quite a shit mood with a certain person. I am filled with pleasure, pride and all good things to be able to report that I no longer have to deal with this person... Yes, that's right, FINALLY he has been given the can. Lets all cheer together! YIPPEEEEEEEE!

November and December were particularly busy months for me... at the start of November I began a new job... actually I began a new job, whilst continuing to do my old job. Hello, my name is tammy-two-jobs. Basically, someone at my work left, and I am now doing her job and mine. TO begin with, I was totally ridiculously and utterly busy. My workload literally tripled, and I didn't have a spare moment at work to scratch my... well.. you get the idea. At around the same time, I started studying again, so was busy with trying to get assessments in on time as well.

Fortunately, whilst I am still very busy, the learning curve I was hurtling up has become somewhat less steep, and particularly in this fairly quiet time of year, I have a little more time to do things like write in blogs!

Also, my sister was here for about 6 weeks leading up to her wedding. the end of November and all of December were filled with all the fun and busy things that entailed, and I totally and utterly adored having her with us for that time! It's been a number of years since she was living at home, much less in the same country, and it was so nice to just be able to call out and have her answer, and go for walks, and coffees and movies etc. All those things I hadn't even really realised I missed so much! The wedding itself was on December 28th in Busselton in WA, and i was the first time in about 10 years that our entire family has been on holiday together! The day was beautiful, Georgie and Ed looked gloriously happy, the whole week was HUGE fun, and i'm quite sure will be one of my all-time favourite memories forever! I'll post some photos below so you can all get an idea of how it went down.

Now i'm back at work, and after nearly 2 weeks off over Christmas, lets just say I had a very consistent workload for the first few days of January! I've just booked my next overseas holiday, to the Philippines to do some scuba diving, Koh Samui in Thailand with Georgie and Ed for a few days, and then back to Singapore to stay with them for a week. I am really looking forward to this, and whilst I don't really feel that I desperately NEED a holiday like I did before Christmas (if I'd had to work one more day i think i'd have died!), i'm sure that by the middle of Feb when I leave, i'll be needing it as much as ever!

One of the more recent comments from a friend on this blog read along the lines of: "there's a cynic in all of us." I was recently described as a fountain of sarcasm... and this made me laugh.. because it's true. The end of last year was a busy, stressful and highly emotional time for me (for many reasons, mainly work-related!). I didn't much enjoy the way I felt, and was made to feel, and I have made a resolve that this year will be different. I so enjoyed getting away from it all, remembering what it is to relax and enjoy myself, enjoy the company of my brilliant family and friends, and be reminded what life is all about. Tammy the cynic is gone. Tammy the fun, relaxed and excited little lady is back... the one who does things OTHER than work, who makes the effort to keep in contact with her friends, regardless of how little time she may have to see them, the Tam who stays fit and healthy and has things to look forward to, the Tam who sometimes says NO when people ask her to do things, and who spends some time doing things for herself, the Tam who is HERE and loving it, instead of wishing she were somewhere else.

I'm not committing to writing in this blog every day, because realistically, it won't happen. But i am going to try to update it MORe regularly, and also to keep up to date with reading all those blogs i used to love so much, but haven't checked for months!

so welcome back to my life everybody, and welcome back me.








1 comment:

Apotheosis said...

Welcome back. Its good to have renewed interest in something I find it helps fill the time.