Friday, January 12, 2007

On the way out

OK... recent events have led me to seriously consider moving out of home. Now this has happened before, but never before have I actually decided it's a better idea to move out than it is to stay at home.

This is quite disappointing, because as many of you know, we've recently moved into an AWESOME house. My bedroom has become just about my favourite place in the world, and i have absolutely the best wardrobe imaginable (and for you blokes, yes this on its own is reason enough to love a house!).

If I move out, i'll most likely have to leave my beloved puppy at home, and I would miss him terribly. He would also miss me. At about 5 o'clock every afternoon he goes and lies down at the front door waiting for me to come home, and he doesn't eat except when I sit down to eat, or at least look like i'm not going anywhere in a hurry. He comes and sits on the end of my bed when i'm awake, and I'm pretty sure he knows what I'm about to do before I even do it.

I'll miss living with people... knowing that when I get home there's usually going to be someone home, someone who knows me really, really well.

I'll miss having lots of money. I know this sounds silly, but living out of home creates alot more costs than I'm used to paying... Lets face it, $100 a week board is a pretty cruisey deal...

I'll miss teaching on our beautiful piano... I suppose if necessary I probably still could teach at home, but I think i'd probably prefer to be totally gone.

What I'm looking forward to about moving out:
Being able to cook for myself. I'm not a great cook, but I get by, and it means I can decide what I want to eat and when.
Not having to talk to anyone when I don't feel like it.
Not having big fights over nothing.
Playing my music really, really loud.
Not being constantly nagged about doing things.

But the thing I'm most looking forward to, is not just actually feeling like I CAN be independent when necessary, but actually BEING independent. I've had enough of being treated like a child. I've just had enough.

1 comment:

Apotheosis said...

Best of luck with that dear. I know exactly how you feel. My excuse is that would require me to hold down a decent paying job and I don't think that's going to happen anytime soon.
I hope you find solace in your new place and good luck hunting for a place to put up in.