Monday, April 16, 2007

Love vs. Hate

Things that annoy the fuck out of me:

1. Incompetence.

I am quite an impatient person (duh). Mistakes don't bother me too much, ONCE. If someone can admit they've made a mistake and make an effort to fix it and make sure it doesn't happen again, then that's life. However, i have absolutely no time whatsoever for people who are totally incompetent but actually think they are really, really good (particularly professionally), and don't hesitate to freely give of that opinion and impression in every way, shape and form. If they make the same (multiple) mistakes over and over again, it makes me want to smash their smug little face in. We all make mistakes, only morons can't (or don't) fix them.

2. People who say they will do things but then don't.

I have one main expectation of my friends (and expecting them to come out to dinner at lovely restaurants and get drunk with me doesn't count). That is, that if you say you are going to do something, I can as good as assume it's done. I would not have thought this was a particularly hard thing to live up to, but apparently, it's more difficult than it would seem at first glance. I don't care if you're not going to do something, really I don't. However, don't say you will, and then not do it. Even if it's a maybe, tell me maybe. If it's a no, tell me no. Don't say yes unless you mean it. NO EXCEPTIONS. Perhaps I'm just easily disappointed?

3. Gloriously happy people.

This is self explanatory. Gloriously happy people (particularly those in love) are just nauseating. It's lovely for you, really it is, but please stay away from me unless you are bringing copious amounts of alcohol and/or chocolate.

4. People who talk to me like I'm stupid.

There are actually very few of these people left in my life. Either they've worked out that I am actually reasonably intelligent, or I just stay away with them because some people are too stupid to be taught. I am not an idiot, nor am I 12. However, even if I was, there is no need to talk to me like a child.

5. People who do nothing but complain.

I realise this is slightly hypocritical from someone who has a blog on which she mainly complains about the people and things in her life, but some people really do seem to do nothing but complain about every tiny little thing. Seriously, life isn't that bad is it? And if it is, do something about it.

Things I love:

1. Going shopping for cheap shoes, having good coffee and yummy breakfast with my lovely sister of whom I don't see nearly enough because she lives in a far away hot and sticky land.

2. Along the same vein, having my whole family together in the one room. I saw my other sister last week for the first time in four months... and we live in the SAME CITY. I think this makes me officially a terrible person!

3. Being somewhere along the bottom of the ocean - this sport really feels like home to me... it's what I am supposed to have been doing and am supposed to keep on doing forever and ever. It's a beautiful feeling.

4. The cold bite to the air at night at this time of year. There is nothing I love more than standing outside on a slightly foggy and chilly night and breathing fresh air.

5. My beautiful, glorious, loving and caring friends.

Ahhh, now I feel cleansed and relaxed and happy. Ick.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

so you love your sisters. both of them. and your friends, they're awesome. what about your parents? they didnt quite fit into the hate category but not into the love category either? oh... and your brother too... i guess they all just fit under "the whole family" :p

Apotheosis said...

I should really post a video of this..... Bitch bitch bitch.... Moan moan moan :P

~you know you love (hate) it

Anonymous said...

You know why i can't get drunk with you when you want/need, it's hard saving the world and having a social life!! i do try to keep you happy but its hard!?!?

Tammiodo said...

Some people are just too damn sensitive! That post wasn't aimed at you, "Anonymous"!!!

Anonymous said...

wow there's a lot of anonymouses around these days!