Thursday, April 26, 2007

So hot right now.

OH MY GOODNESS it's been forever since I last wrote anything bloggy. I keep thinking to myself, "ooh i should write about that," but then the real world takes over and I get back to being busy or just sinning. So today I am going to sin all afternoon (work-wise) and pull together a bit of a SO HOT or SO NOT type thingy to entertain you all. I know - I'm so WHO Magazine. It's ok, you can thank me later.

SO HOT

  • The weather right now: I know it's terrible for the drought, but I am SO enjoying my weekends out in the sun. That said, I also love going outside at night when there's that chill to the air.
  • Public holidays, whatever the reason.
  • Seeing people you haven't seen in forever and ever - there's something about the people you've known for a long time... they just know you, and somehow make you realise that you've missed them, even though they've been there all along.
  • HATS! I love that soon it's going to be cold enough to wear them all the time. Now all I need to do is buy some... I have an abundance of beanies, but they're not so good for wearing out!
  • Forgetting that your brother had already organised a present for your mum's birthday which is on Sunday, so you needn't stress about something last minute.
  • Itunes music store - i love that i can pick a song or an album, no matter how obscure, and be listening to it legally within minutes. Some recent downloads have included David Gray, Avril Lavigne, Rob Thomas and Andrea Bocelli.
  • Themed parties - I went to one on Saturday night that was a "hip hop" party. Apparently i looked "so Fergie" (I think that was because of the side ponytail and the fact that i was wearing my hot HOT sunglasses inside). This was, almost unexpectedly, a fabulous night.
  • emails and text messages and skype - these three things keep me connected to my friends and family that I would possibly otherwise not get a chance to talk to much at all.
  • Movies that you think are going to be crap but end up being really, really good. Last night I saw the Number 23 with Jim Carrey in it. Prior to this, just about everything I've ever seen of his has been crap. I am pleased to say that this man can actually act, and this movie really is quite thrilling, not to mention mind-bending. Probably not one for those who are prone to obsession to see, but it's a fabulous concept!
  • Gold 104 - I know, it's tragic, say no more (go on listen to it, you know you want to!)
  • Snoop dog was denied entry to our fair country after failing a "character test." Personally, I don't feel that we're missing out.
  • Heh heh someone found a condom in a happy meal - I guess someone took the preparation of that meal a bit too literally.

SO NOT

  • Port Phillip Bay Channel Deepening - this will be detrimental to the health of the bay, and particularly to the extensive diving industry in Victoria (see www.bluewedges.org for more info)
  • Wetsuit tan ie. really suntanned face and hands with pasty white in between and yes, it's been commented upon
  • Tunic-y type things with tights on people that really shouldn't be wearing tunic-y type things with tights. Unless you have REALLY skinny legs, do the sensible, considerate and MUCH more flattering thing: wear them with pants or jeans. Also, note that the tights need to be OPAQUE, and not stockings, unless you want to look like you're wearing the shortest dress in history (again, not a good look for most people).
  • friends who went to Beyonce last night and have the day off work sending text messages that read like this: "it's a hard life...I've slept in, been to the gym and am about to have a manicure." DAMN YOU TO HELL I'm at work!
  • having a cool car stereo sitting on your desk at work for the last 6 months and either forgetting or not having time to have it put in. Does anybody want to help me out here people?
  • Forgetting that you have multiple things planned on Friday night. Multiple things that are supposed to happen at the same time. Oops.
  • Car windows being frosted in the mornings... even putting my windows down doesn't help because the mirrors are fogged too!
  • Having to drag people in and out of the beach in diving gear with the mother of all hangovers from aforementioned hip hop partay.
  • People who are late - twice in the last two weeks I have been giving random divers lifts to various dive sites. One group was half an hour late (morning after a big night before, so i REALLY could have done with the extra sleep) and the other was 20 minutes late. I think it is just downright RUDE to be late at all at that time of morning - what excuse could there possibly be? Not only that, but it is EXCEPTIONALLY rude to not even call or sms to say that you're going to be late, and not apologise PROFUSELY once you get there. This is one reason why I don't like giving people lifts, and every time I do, I give myself another reason not to offer next time.
  • Myspace - I just don't get it, I really don't. I mean, I have a myspace page- I think I spent half an hour a year or so ago setting it up, and haven't looked at it since. I just don't understand the cult, the obsesson. I've heard stories of people who become addicted to it and who spend hours and hours each day checking out other peoples' myspace pages and posting comments and replying to comments and people killing others over not being in their top friends list. SERIOULY. Therefore, am choosing to give it a probably unnecessarily wide berth
  • Big Bother is on again. Yes, that's right.... AGAIN. WHEN WILL YOU PEOPLE HAVE HAD ENOUGH?????????

And for any of you who were wondering, blogthings has again provided me with true insight to myself and my ways - I hope this helps anybody who is considering buying me a present.


The True Tammy

You want your girlfriend or boyfriend to be more relaxed, calm, and composed.

With respect to money, you save for a rainy day.

You think good luck doesn't exist - reality is built on practicalities.

The hidden side of your personality tends to be a little selfish. You only do what interests you.

You are tend to think about others' feelings a lot, perhaps because you are so eager to be liked.

When it comes to finding a romantic partner, you will search and search until you find your perfect match.

Heh heh funny. Pretty much all of these things is true, apart from the saving money for a rainy day bit.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good post.