Thursday, October 05, 2006

It's too far awayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

It's October... we are already 3/4 of the way through the year. How on EARTH did that happen?

Not only that, but my week of no teaching is over. Back to the grind. The THIRD twelve week term IN A ROW. It's revolting. I tell you what, I enjoyed the Commonwealth Games immensely, but I (and every other teacher PLUS all the students in Victoria) have continued paying the price for them for the whole year. One 6 week term and three 12 week terms? Horrible.

I am insanely looking forward to the 19th of December this year. Do you know why?



I'm sure you can guess.



It's nearly Christmas, yes. I love Christmas, but that is not why I am excited.



the 19th of December is my last day of work for TWO WHOLE WEEKS. I am going to have two weeks of NO WORK, NO TEACHING, NO KIDS, NO ANNOYING PHONE CALLS. In this time, I will spend the first few days with my sister (who lives in Singapore but will be home), and we will be doing girly things like having our hair and nails done, making sure we are evenly suntanned and looking stunning, because on the 28th of December, she is getting married. To celebrate this momentous occasion, my entire family will be on holiday in one place for an entire week (also living together in a 3 bedroom apartment, which i am considerably less enthused about!). This will be the first time this has happened in about 10 years, actually possibly even more than that. Needless to say, this is a huge deal for us! We are a close family, and it's not often that we get long enough together to be pulling our hair out by the end, so i am going to cling dearly to every minute (cross words and all).

So, it is only the first week of term, and I am already exhausted from having 3 essays due in this week (the main reason I am currently procrastinating, the last one is due tomorrow and i've barely begun), an enormous week of work last week, a recital exam on Monday, and being back teaching until all hours again, i am fervently wishing away the rest of the year.

Bring on the end of year festivities I say!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm looking forward to December 19th as well - DENTIST APPOINTMENT!