Monday, July 24, 2006

ohhh harro! good to see you again brog-readers (come on people... Team America... get with the programme!).

Well i'm back. It's unfortunate, but it's true.

Actually, i'm feeling quite good about being back at work. Had I been talking about it at 7.30 this morning when I got to work however, you might well have heard quite a different story. I'm feeling quite alive and bizzy-bee for the moment though. I had a fantastic week. Not much snow at all, which was a shame, but there was an extreme quantity of frivolity and misbehaving.

This week I:
-did my first ever sudoku... i quite like them I've decided, but not enough so that I would spend my spare time doing them instead of reading or sleeping. I am closer to understanding the current world-wide obsession with them though.
-realised just why some men have such unrealistic expectations of women and their appearance and attitude. The guys i was staying with bought a copy of FHM's 100th issue, which had the top 100 of just about everything ever discussed in the magazine. Prior to this I have never really been a woman who yabbers on about objectification and guy's attitudes towards women etc, but this opened my eyes. The women in there are stunning, but the way they are talked to, and talked about (which is of course encouraged by the interviewees) is astounding. I was actually shocked. I know that it's not going to change anything, but it was as disgusting as it was amusing. Needless to say I didn't point this out to the boys (they wouldn't have listened, so why waste my breath?!)
-played dodge-the-nuffy. 6 lifts open, 26 million beginners, none of whom had control of their chosen snow sliding equipment, but who obviously felt compenent enough to launch themselves down a slippery slope.
-broke one of my poles. i was quite sad. my 2000 yen pair from Japow, that i bought LAST time i broke a pole!
-actually spent a day of my snow holiday in beechworth, which was lovely. I went to a second hand bookshop, went to the salvos and bought some BRILLIANT tapes for my car (I haven't installed my stereo from the Bogan Beast yet), and of course went to the famous bakery.
-didn't sleep a whole lot
-heard many renditions of "i'm ronereeeeee" over our two-way radios! I feel sorry for anyone on the lift with any of our group!

oh dear. I'd better get back to the massive mountain of work that seems to have appeared while i've been gone... i love holidays, but now i need another one to recover!!!

1 comment:

cbro said...

I agree that after every holiday I need another to recover...or at least a day or two to get use to it all over again. The "it" being the daily grind.