Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Reactor

well good news everybody... today is a happee day.

It's funny... i have just had a conversation with a friend about how different people deal with the stress of deadlines (he stresses consistently for a long time beforehand, i leave it all until the last minute and then woe betide anybody who gets in my way). I am constantly fascinated by the different ways people react to the same situations... some people, it seems to me, violently over-react to some things, but I'm sure that I do it too. The reason I'm sure I do it too is because this person happens to be my mother, and I know we (and my sisters particularly) are more alike than any of us would care to admit.

However, do you think that being aware of something enables you to have more control of it? Are we Bond girls less inclined to over-react because we know what it feels like to be constantly dealing with the over-reactor? Or do we just over-react to different things? Or in different ways? I am loathe to think that I would crack the shits at everybody and everything around me over something relatively minor, and yet as I sit and think about it, I know i react very emotionally to some things that I really don't need to... What can I say? I'm an emotional person - my initial reaction to everything is based on my heart feels about it, and not what my head tells me is logical. Even at work, I tend to react emotionally... With experience, I'm getting better at using my head and looking at things critically, but my gut reaction is emotion not reason.

ARGH sometimes I feel like I'm such a mess.

Ok. this post had absolutely no structure and is really just random thoughts that I happen to have typed. Sincere apologies if you've made it this far.

All of that aside, I am pleased to know that i have a purple brain.


Your Brain is Purple

Of all the brain types, yours is the most idealistic.
You tend to think wild, amazing thoughts. Your dreams and fantasies are intense.
Your thoughts are creative, inventive, and without boundaries.

You tend to spend a lot of time thinking of fictional people and places - or a very different life for yourself.

No comments: