Friday, March 30, 2007

Bits and pieces

  • Never fear people... Finally there is a legitimate explanation as to why I am such a tragic fashion whore.
  • I have lost my very, very favourite beautiful ring from my third finger on my left hand (which, incidentally it literally never leaves unless I've taken it off to play with it). If you find it, please return it to me. I am lost without it. My life is dull and meaningless.*
  • I was recently told the following by a delightful and dear friend: "You must be going through menopause, your moods have been all over the place the last few weeks." Whilst this is no doubt true (the moods part, not the menopause part), I do resent the implication that I am a good thirty years older than I actually am.** I mean, I know I'm getting wrinkles, but seriously...
  • My favourite news website posed a question of me this morning: "Do male-female friendships always end in sex, broken engagements and bad Mariah Carey tunes being pumped up way too loud? Or can you conduct a simple cross-sex friendship without any sort of feelings getting in the way?" Simple answer, no they don't. I have lots of guy friends. Doesn't mean I haven't fallen for at least a couple of them, but we all know I'm not the most emotionally stable chicken... And according to my mum, "friendship is the best basis for a long-term relationship." Still, she can't explain why I have so many friends and so few boyfriends...
  • OH MY GOD if you read lots of blogs and get really shat of having to tediously navigate your way through your favourites every time you want to check them, check out www.google.com/reader. Oh my god this thing is brilliant. You can load up all the blogs you check regularly, and whamo! Kapow! You can read them all in one spot. Thanks Lenny K.
  • I have decided that living here in Melbourne, I might well have to become a cyber diver. This is not by choice, merely thanks to the WEATHER DAMMIT. Gale force winds? for the SECOND weekend in a row? Hmph. Thanks a whole lot. The universe is conspiring against me ever finishing my Deep Diver course. That said, I am very much enjoying my progression into technical diving IN MY FREAKING MIND. Hmph again.
  • The internet is a brilliant research tool. I'm not talking about university work or anything boring like that - I've been reading about ship wrecks. Lots and lots of ship wrecks.
  • I need to do some washing and tidy my room. I know my mum will be very pleased when this happens. It is, however, unlikely to happen tonight, as I will be very busy being the life of a party involving two other people who, it seems, will find umpteen reasons to gang-tease me. I am not sure I like this, but I like that my friends like each other. It makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside (and smiley on the outside). It also seems it's unlikely to happen tomorrow, as I will most likely be ridiculously hungover and still in bed at midday, or perhaps not hungover, but enjoying still being in my pyjamas, reading lovely books and watching video hits at midday. Either way, there is no room in that schedule for washing or cleaning.
*OK, that might be a slight exaggeration... but I do love it.

**Not that there's anything wrong with being thirty years older than me...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Coolest way to lead a life I guess...hey just enjoy it man..and dont think about broad things like exaggerations!! and well...me too enjoy internet a lot and blogging is one of my favorite activity other than other stuffs....what else interests u more than reading about ship-wrecks??