Wednesday, August 09, 2006

bits and pieces (much about moosic)

Well Hello there.

Oi. You. I'm talking to you.

Yes. You.

So what's been happening in your life lately?

Not much?

Yeh me too.

Cannot.Be.Fucked.Doing.Anything.At.All.

Actually, that's not entirely true. I've been doing quite alot of work, especially considering that my boss is away for two weeks (yes, my dad is my boss, this creates double relief).

I've been watching alot of dvds. Some good, others not so.

I have been engaged in regular witty banter (as is the majority of my conversation... witty, that is) with many people. One in particular at work. Perhaps not so witty as sarcastic. I know, sarcasm is the lowest form of wit. Still cracks me up (read: I crack me up).

Apparently today I "look like I need a coffee." This is not a good thing.

Hey, it's not my fault that yesterday I had a FABULOUS hair day (invoking many comments from many people) and today i'm having a terrible hair day (apparently, sure to invoke almost as many comments... the bastards).

Ooh i bought a ticket to Pearl Jam. They'd better play MY FAVOURITE SONG IN THE WHOLE WORLD. If they don't I will be quite put out. That said, i'm quite sure that I will adore the entire concert, whether they play it or not, and my opinion of Eddie Vedder can never be diminished.

Ooh again. Live tickets come out next week. Yay. Much music this year. Also, am currently looking at buying a U2 ticket on ebay. Ridiculously over-priced, I know. However i'm terribly disorganised at knowing when tickets go on sale. I figure this may be my last chance ever to see them live.

I heard Melbourne hip hop group TZU live at Hotham a couple of weeks ago. I'm in love with them too. I really do love GOOD rap. I adore words that just...FIT. Words that work. Words and rhythm. Rhythm and melody. That's what the world is all about. Or if it's not, it should be.

ooh speaking about other moosic i adore (from one extreme to the other). One of our family friends Bridget A'Beckett writes and sings her own songs, and is trying to make a go of it in music. I absolutely love her songs, and I think she has a real way with invoking emotion from her words. I'm not just saying this because she's a beautiful person, but because I genuinely think she is talented and could be really successful. You can buy her music on her website, or you can also find it in Itunes now (how excitement). It's only 10 bucks i think for her EP which has 6 songs on it. So do yourselves a favour, and have a listen. Also, she's performing live in Melbourne at Manchester Lane on the 31st of August, it's also only 10 bucks, so it would be great if you could support some great local music.

okey dokey. i fink that's it for today.

4 comments:

Sam said...

Pearl Jam didn't play my favourite song when I went to see them. I got over it pretty quickly though, they put on a great show.

Tammiodo said...

oh NO Sam. how sad. I think i'll probably get over it too though if they don't play Better Man. Which song was yours?

Sam said...

dude, they'll play Better Man.

I wanted them to play Wishlist, from Yield. I love that song.

Anonymous said...

Its Thursday now so.... HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! Hope you have a great day.