Thursday, August 03, 2006

movie movie on the screen...

Oh my god there are so many movies coming out soon that I want to see.

First of all, I must explain, that I am not particularly discerning when it comes to choice of movies. Trashy or classy, chick flick or action, I’m just not fussed. There are ones I would choose to see first, but if I had enough time in the week, I would see every movie that was on, regardless of how wonderful or terrible it looked.

At one stage, during my “typical arts student” phase, I would leave home in the morning, looking, to all intents and purposes, like I was going to uni, but I would sneak off to Victoria Gardens and watch 2 or 3 movies in a row. Alternatively, I’d get to uni, with every intention of going to class, and see someone on the way, get talking, miss the start of the class, and decide (rather selflessly I might add), not to interrupt the class, and to go over to the lovely Nova instead.

Recently, however, I’ve had very little time to watch movies. At my low point, I actually went a couple of months without once setting foot inside a cinema. It was tragic. Thankfully, I’ve been able to remedy that over the last little while, and have generally been seeing at least one movie every couple of weeks. The good thing about not having seen EVERYTHING that comes out at the movies is, of course, that I can find dvds I haven’t yet seen. This makes DVD nights much easier!

So without further ado… the list of movies coming out in the next month that I’m really really really really looking forward to, and then the list that I’ll probably see anyway!

Hoodwinked (yes, it’s a cartoon)
Just my Luck
Libertine (Johnny “oh my god he’s so sexy” Depp)
Miami Vice (Collin Farrell)
Chaos (Ryan Phillippe)
Man About Town
Thankyou for Smoking
United 93

And it’s not coming out until September, but I REALLY can’t wait to see The Devil Wears Prada.

1 comment:

kiki said...

i saw the devil wears prada in the USA

it was hilarious.