Thursday, May 17, 2007

Around and about

WELL... WHAT a week it has been. Tumultuous, busy, crazy, emotional, exciting and just downright exhausting!


I, as per usual recently, have been totally all over the place. So let me start from the beginning:


Last friday was my dear eldest sister's 30th birthday. My other dear sister and her new hubby flew in from Singapore for the evening (yes, that's right, the evening) and we went out for a FABULOUS dinner at Bistro I in the city. When I say fabulous, I really truly mean it on many different levels: It's rare these days for our family to all be together, so when we are, it's very special. not ONLY that, but we were all in really good form (if I do say so myself!), so not only was it nice to have everybody there, but we all enjoyed it, there were no fights (not even the hint of an argument), no tired and grumpy people (particularly impressive for those who got off a plane at 4.45AM). The food itself was also fabulous (I'm loving this word, have you noticed?) and we went out for some FABULOUS fun and frivolities (ie cocktails and gambling) until the wee hours of the morning. Here is a photo of my lovely sisters and I enjoying ourselves (I promise the boys were there, they are just in hiding photo-wise):


Saturday was a lovely relaxing day, including shopping, eating, drinking and movies.
Sunday i dived a new wreck (the Courier, 42m), a submarine I've been to many times before and a beautiful reef. Conditions were beautiful at the top, not so great at the bottom - murky with HUGE surges, but hey, you can't have everything!
This week at work has been big - 8 people were made redundant today, and I've known for weeks it was going to happen. One is a very good friend of mine, the rest I couldn't really care less about. I felt bad that I knew but couldn't say anything, but obviously I COULDN'T say anything. I also feel a little bit bad that I think it's a good thing and I'm glad it happened... However, perhaps as karma for that my workload is about to probably double AGAIN (I will now be doing 3 peoples jobs), so AGAIN, i'll go through a period of being stressed out of my head and rushed off my feet at work while I settle into how to fit everything in.
It's officially 6 weeks today until I go away (yes, my dear sister kindly INFORMED my dad at the birthday dinner that I was going on holiday and would be taking a week and a bit off work - it actually worked quite well!), so my aim is to organised, to be fit and to be healthy for those 6 weeks, because otherwise I will be too exhausted to enjoy the first few days, and lord knows the first few days of that particular week will be exhausting enough without having hangover tiredness from work!
So... i'd better get back to it.

No comments: