Thursday, May 03, 2007

Nelly Liartardo

Nelly furtado is a liar.

Yep that's right, she looks innocent enough (apart from when she's being Promiscuous), but the girl who used to feel like a bird and is now quite trampy is a downright liar.

How do I know this?

You may well ask.

Lets take the lyrics of one of her recent songs, Say It Right:

Oh you don't mean nothing at all to me
No you don't mean nothing at all to me
Do you got what it takes to set me free

Methinks the girls is not telling the whole truth... who writes a song about someone who means NOTHING... If someone meant nothing to me, I damn well wouldn't be writing a hit song about them... I'd be erasing all memories of them from my poor failing brain. A song that inspires heartbroken people all over the world to tears and frustration, which I'm sure they sing along with in a woe-is-me fashion, a song whose popularity will go on for eternity (which in pop land is about 5 minutes... but still) just doesn't scream to me "I'm TOTALLY OVER YOU, FUCKER."

In fact, what it says is this: "you know what? I'd like to be over you, and I'm telling everybody that I"m over you. Look how over you I am, I even wrote a song about it so that I never ever ever have to think about how over you I'm not EVER AGAIN, I am woman hear me roar" etc. etc.

Nelly honey, you're only lying to yourself. But it's ok, we've all been there sister.

No comments: