Tuesday, June 06, 2006

The End Is Supposedly Nigh

Today’s date is 06/06/06. Nothing terrible has happened yet… I woke up on time. No devil rose up out of the steam from my shower and foretold of the end of the earth. I didn’t even pass a car crash on my way to work, much less be unfortunate enough to be involved in one myself. The guy I don’t like that I was supposed to have a meeting with at 9 o’clock at work had already left when I got here. I had a really nice coffee, and didn’t burn my toast. My computer hasn’t contracted any STDs (or any other virus for that matter), and the heating in my office is working. My hair looks lovely (messy, but lovely nonetheless), and I found matching shoes in my closet this morning.

I’m wondering if all of these middling to good things are just the devil trying to lull me into a false sense of security so that when the end of the world does arrive, BAM, THWOP, CRASH, I’ll be gob-smacked. Otherwise, those zeros in between the sixes are acting as a bit of a buffer, and the devil can’t quite get his shit together.

Either way, so far it’s been a good day. If the world comes to a screeching halt at the end of this day, I’ll die in a good mood.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice.

Maybe the end is based on Las Vegas time or something? So we have a few more hours till it switches to today.

I had to eat peanut butter out of the jar for bfast because there was nothing else ... that's kind-of an apocalypse of the spirit.

kiki said...

i cleaned my shower and basin because if i'm dying, i'm dying with a clean bathroom

Tammiodo said...

You might be right Toby. Las Vegas time, and perhaps it's not until 6am (i had considered that it might not be until 6pm, but that's really 1800, so not really a 6 at all, although it is 3x6), so we've actually got quite a few more hours to live it up.

Tammiodo said...

Kiki, is that like my mum telling me to always wear clean underwear in case I have a car crash? I've never really got that, but i always wear clean underwear (i can hear you all breathing a sigh of relief).

Anonymous said...

My Nan used to tell me that. Clean underwear. I think it's because if they have to operate you don't want dirty underpants.

BUT, given that you may well have your intestines on the outside, the underpants are not that big a deal.

Tammiodo said...

Yeh I'm sure that if you've got bits either sticking into your where they shouldn't be, or bits that are falling out of you that shouldn't be, the last thing you'd be concerned about is the state of your underwear, seeing as it's most likely going to be chopped off anyway. Besides, I'm sure ambos and hospital staff have seen things that rate much higher on the gross-out list than dirty underwear.

Perhaps though, just in case, we should all carry a spare pair with us, to change into if we are in a crash...just in case you haven't been home in a while...

richardwatts said...

Given that your sphincter relaxes and you shit yourself anyway when you die, why bother with clean underwear? Revel in your bohemian grottiness I say. Rise up and be filthy with me, brothers and sisters!