Friday, June 16, 2006

The Greatest Entertainer In The World...

This morning I spent half an hour clicking on a link on the ticketmaster website, only to keep getting a message that went something like this:
"We are sorry but the ticketmaster website is currently experiencing delays due to tickets for a large event going on sale. Please be patient."
PLEASE BE PATIENT???????? How on earth can I be patient when I am battling with half the rest of melbourne to get tickets to see THE GREATEST ENTERTAINER IN THE WORLD....?
Eventually I got through... I got through to the page where I enter my credit card details, and i clicked on "submit order." As usual, I ignored the warning that once I clicked that button not to press back or refresh, and promptly got the following dreaded response:
"The page you are looking for cannot be found"
FUCK.
SHIT.
FUCK.
So i spent another thirty minutes trying to get back to the same point, going through the process of ordering the tickets AGAIN, when I got this message:
"You have already purchased tickets for this event. Are you sure you want to purchase more?"
NO I DON'T FUCKING WANT TO PURCHASE MORE YOU STUPID ELECTRONIC SERVICE, BUT YOU FUCKED UP THE FIRST TIME.
Anyway, now that's all done, I have purchased 6 tickets. I only needed two. That's right... I've become one of those horrible, awful, nasty people who will milk you for all your worth, just because they have a ticket that YOU want but weren't organised enough to have an hour at 9 o'clock on a Friday morning that you could waste on the internet. HAH!!!
I know it's terrible, and scalpers are revolting, but I figure that usually it's ME scurrying around at the last minute to get tickets for sold out events (last year I had to drive to Hopper's Crossing and Sandringham in one day to pick up SINGLE TICKETS for a friend and I for a festival), so now it's time for a bit of payback. I'm not selling them at an exorbitant price, and I'm selling them now, because I want the money BEFORE I have to pay my credit card bill! I know that if I left it until December, when the concert is, I could probably make twice as much, but I have to face facts... i'm just not that mean (or that organised!).

No comments: