Monday, June 19, 2006

Nothing.

Well I have to admit... I had a fairly fruitless weekend. I was big on plans and little on action.

What I was going to do:
1. Finish my book (i haven't read a book in over a week... it's terrible)
2. Go for a big long walk along the beach
3. Go to the Gym
4. Make at least a start on the mindless work that I brought home to just GET DONE DAMMIT
5. Rid my car of the piles of crap that seem to have accumulated within it
6. Wash my car, especially my windows... i can hardly see out them
7. Do two loads of washing, including linen
8. Tidy up my bedroom
9. Go and look for a bike (of the push variety)

What I did instead:
1. went to the pub for dinner and then to the movies with friends
2. spent 4 hours having lunch and coffee and talking with friends
3. went to a friend's house and had dinner and watched dvds with friends
4. went to a farewell party for some lovely friends who are moving to Brisbane next week
5. spent much time in bed watching tv
6. had coffee with more friends
7. went to another movie
8. went shopping and bought some new clothes that were very much NOT needed

By 11pm last night when I got home I had an attack of the guilts, hurriedly did 2 loads of washing, attempted to tidy up my room (which I realised wasn't so bad once all the dirty clothes were securely in the washing machine), and cleaned the bathroom.

Even though I had a lovely, relaxing and very social weekend (without even getting close to getting drunk, actually without a single drop of alcohol, which is a miracle), I had things to do, and many of them remain undone. I guess we all need time to just do nothing, so I really should just relax and enjoy that time, which I did, while I was doing it. Doing nothing, that is. Keep up! Now, however, I'm annoyed with myself.

Oh well, i'm sure i'll get over it.

No comments: