Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Glug Glug Glug

I'm terrified. All this time i'd been drinking approximately 1 drink per day* believing I was doing good things for my health. As it turns out, i've been slowly killing myself. Who'd ever have imagined it?

Apparently, up until now, people who "knocked back up to four drinks a day lived longer than abstainers." What i'm wondering is... how is it that it is only NOW coming to light that those who were abstaining were doing so for health reasons? What the study should have said is the following: "if you drink up to four drinks a day, you will live longer than someone who doesn't drink because they've suffered from a stroke, and now have heart disease, diabetes and lung cancer." Doesn't have quite the same ring to it, does it?

Next they'll be telling me that McDonalds is unhealthy, and that toothpaste will make my teeth fall out of my head....


*14 drinks in one night, every two weeks, averages out to 1 drink per day.

No comments: