Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Which Me?

Have you ever made your mind up about something? To do something, or to say something, or to be something, but when the time came, you didn't or couldn't do it?

This weekend, I made a big decision. I decided I was going to be Tough Me. I wasn't going to be the normal Emotional Me, I was going to ignore my feelings and just do it. I even told some people what I was going to do, and they all agreed with my decision, every single one of them. Strength in numbers, I thought to myself.

Turns out I couldn't bring myself to do it.

I made the decision when I was being Grumpy and Stubborn Me. What if it's not what I really want when I'm being Happy Me? What if I regret what I was going to do forever? It's not the sort of thing that can be easily taken back.

So now i've become Confused and Uncertain Me.

Damn I wish Decisive Me would resurface.

No comments: